- Member of KNAG Royal Dutch Geographical Society
- Member of the International Critical Geography Group
- Member of the Flemish-Dutch LGBT Research Network
- Editor of AGORA: magazine for social-spatial matters. Dutch-Flemish popular scientific magazine for geographers, urban and regional planners, and others interested in the fields of geography and spatial planning.
- Co-organisation of the First European Bisexual Research Conference at the University of Amsterdam (28th of July 2016). With: dr. Caroline Walters. Call for Papers here
- Special Issue editor/guest editor of the Journal of Bisexuality (publication date: early 2018 (vol. 18, nr. 1)).
- I also reviewed articles for, amongst others, the South African Review of Sociology, the Journal of Bisexuality, and the Dutch Journal of Gender Studies.
Recent studies (since 2015; more information to follow):
- Online dating experiences and perceptions of MSM young people. January 2017 – June 2017. Role: researcher (Employed by Rutgers: Centre for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights). Full research.
- Review of bisexuality in the Netherlands. February – June 2015 Role: researcher (Movisie: Centre for Social Issues & Dutch Bisexual Network). Literature research.
- Sexual identity negotiations of young bisexual people and adolescents. January 2015 – August 2018. Role: researcher (PhD research Radboud University). Full research.