- Member of KNAG Royal Dutch Geographical Society
- Member of the International Critical Geography Group
- Member of the Flemish-Dutch LGBT Research Network
- Editor of AGORA: magazine for social-spatial matters. Dutch-Flemish popular scientific magazine for geographers, urban and regional planners, and others interested in the fields of geography and spatial planning. Since April 2015.
- Board member of the Dutch Scientific Society for Sexology (Nederlandse Wetenschappelijke Vereniging voor Seksuologie). Since May 2019.
- Co-organisation of the First European Bisexual Research Conference at the University of Amsterdam (28th of July 2016). With: dr. Caroline Walters. Call for Papers here
- Special Issue editor/guest editor of the Journal of Bisexuality 18, 1: EuroBiReCon: (Inter)national research frontiers (2018).
- Special issue editor/guest editor of AGORA 35, 1: Music and Geography (2019). Together with three Flemish geographers: Valerie De Creane (KU Leuven), Nicolas Dewulf (VU Brussel) and Jorn Koelemaij (UGent).
- I also reviewed articles for, amongst others, the South African Review of Sociology, the Journal of Bisexuality, and the Dutch Journal of Gender Studies.
Recent studies (since 2015; more information to follow):
- Study on gender based violence and gender norms. September 2018 – now. Role: researcher (Employed by Atria: Institute on Gender Equality and Women’s History). Desk research.
- Online dating experiences and perceptions of MSM young people. January 2017 – June 2017. Role: researcher (Employed by Rutgers: Centre for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights). Full research.
- Review of bisexuality in the Netherlands. February – June 2015 Role: researcher (Movisie: Centre for Social Issues & Dutch Bisexual Network). Desk research.
- Sexual identity negotiations of young bisexual people and adolescents. January 2015 – August 2018. Role: researcher (PhD research Radboud University). Full research.